Prawns Potato Curry
It is very delicious but simple maharashtrian style curry using onion and tomatoes. You can add coconut milk as well to enhance the flavour of the curry.
Simple recipe with step by step pictures …
- 1/2 kg Prawns
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2/3 medium sized potatoes cut in cubes
- 1 big tomato (Graind and make a paste)
- 1 tsp chilli, ginger garlic paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3/4 kokum petals or 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Clean the prawns and wash properly.
- Marinate prawns with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom non stick pan. Add pinch of asafoetida and chopped onions. Saute till it become golden brown.
- Add chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Now add marinated prawns and potatoes and mix well.
- Add 1 cup hot water mix well. Keep lid and cook on slow flame.
- After the potatoes are cooked, add tomato paste, rice flour, kokum patels or lemon juice and simmer on slow flame.
- Adjust water and spices as per your curry’s thickness.
- Switch off the flame.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prawns Potato Curry is ready to serve with Chapati, Phulka, Naan or White Rice.
Thanks for visiting my blog and do share your comments….. Happy Cooking!!!